Team Representative Duties
Updated Tuesday October 15, 2019 by Knoxville Metro Soccer League.
- Ensure enough player participation for upcoming session.
- Register Team following the instructions found under Team Registration.
- Monitor Player Registration and encourage players to register as soon as it opens. Player Registration typically opens four weeks prior to the first game of the KMSL season.
- Team Reps are eligible for a discount code after completing one season, please see additional instructions below;
- Players must be registered by the cutoff date (announced when registration opens) in order to be eligible to play the first game of the KMSL season;
- Players may be added after the cutoff date, but must be added to the official Photo Roster prior to being eligible to play; and
- Player Registration closes on April 1, July 1 and November 1 for each season.
- Check Team Net Bag to ensure all equipment is present and in good condition
- Goal Net with 11 Velcro straps (5 Across Top, 3 on either side),
- 5 Tent Stakes to secure net to ground,
- 2 Corner Flags, and
- Net Bag itself.
- If your Team Net Bag is missing equipment:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of missing items;
- Make notification as early as possible so that more items can be ordered if needed and can be made ready prior to roster pickup.
- Collect the official Photo Team Roster and Player Cards from Registrar when notification received saying they are ready.
- Make physical/paper copies of the official Photo Team Roster to give to your assistant(s) in case of original is lost/late arriving to game. Please note:
- Digital pictures of your team's official picture roster are acceptable, provided they show the board's signature.
- Website printouts (from your Team's page, Affinity or other) are not acceptable.
- All players are issued new player cards every fall (expire annually on August 31st), and
- New players (Spring/Summer) are issued cards at the beginning of the season.
- Ensure Team has acceptable Game Ball. Teams that attend AGM are issued with a new Game Ball each August.
- Ensure Team has acceptable game apparel (defined in the KMSL General Rules):
- Each team is required to have matching jerseys with printed numbers on them, and
- The home team is responsible for changing jersey if referee decides the team colors clash.
- Keep your team’s players informed of games, and any possible changes.
- Delegate responsibilities as appropriate if unable to attend games.
- Ensure any players that received a Red Card, serve their suspension as defined by League. Minimum 1 game.
- Take all of your Team’s Equipment to every game:
- Net Bag,
- Game Ball,
- Current Team Photo Roster, and
- Individual Player Cards to every game.
- If using Guest Players:
- Ensure use of guest players is permitted in your division by referencing the division specific rule modifications.
- Seek agreement from opposing team representative/captain and inform the game official of the decision.
- Present the appropriate documents for the guest player during player check-in
- An official KMSL Photo Team Roster from their Primary Team for the current season.
- A laminated, current Player Card (in the event of a Player Card being unavailable, a player can provide a Driver's License as proof of identity)
- Copies of either the roster or identification (including digital pictures or website printouts) will not be accepted by the referees.
- Ensure guest player is outfitted with a matching jersey with a printed number.
- Ensure any injuries are reported to referee before they depart, so they can include on game report in the event of a possible insurance claim.
- Collect Roster/Player Cards from Referee at end of game.
- Update game score on league website (if needed).
Once the league has set the game schedule for the season, (usually at least 14 days before the start date), it is considered “locked” and will only be amended by the league due to advance knowledge of possible field closure or field issues.
If a game is cancelled due to inclement weather, field closure or similar, the league will reschedule the game. The new date will be sometime before the end of the current session. Unfortunately, due to limited asset availability, team special requests submitted at the beginning of the season (particularly in regards to field assignment and multi-team coordination) are less likely to be honored.
If one of the participating teams is unable to fulfil a schedule game, here are the procedures for requesting a reschedule;
- Contact the team representative of your opponents, advising of the need to reschedule.
- Give 2-3 alternate dates for the game to be rescheduled (if midweek, Wednesdays are easiest night to obtain fields, due to youth teams practicing on the other nights).
- Once “new date” is agreed, send e-mail communication to league game scheduler, advising details of game cancellation and new date (if known at this time).
- Communication must be received by the league at least 24 Hours prior to originally scheduled game to enable us to cancel referees with 24 hour notice (or we will be charged, so no reschedule is possible).
- Any game that needs to be cancelled within the 24 hour timeframe, will need to be a forfeit by the offending team, as we are unable to cancel referees and not pay them if not giving 24 hour notice (unless offending team agrees to pay for the referees for the reschedule – currently $175 per game).
End of Season
- If team is playing the next session:
- Keep player cards:
- All players receive a new card every Fall Session,
- Players returning for Spring/Summer will use same player card as previous session, and
- Replacement/Duplicate player cards cost $10 each and can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
- Keep your team’s Net Bag and Game Ball.
- Prepare for the next season! There is not much down time between the Spring/Summer and Summer/Fall seasons.
- If team is not playing the next session:
- Please return team Net Bag
- Please provide players with their player cards in the event they wish to register with another team the following season.
Team Representative Discount Code
An email is sent out to all team representatives at the beginning of the season containing a discount code for player registration. This discount is intended for use:
- After completion of the season as a Team Representative (registration for the following season).
- One time per season (cannot be used twice for dual registration unless you represented two teams the previous season).
- By the Team Representative only (non-transferable).
KMSL Team Colors